Christianity is not about us. Yes, following Jesus is about becoming a child of God and experiencing new life in him. But, the message of Jesus has always been about people who feel far from their heavenly father. Faith is about how we pass on God’s love to those whom need it most.
At Grace Pointe, we believe every believer is given a mission from God. This mission involves sharing his love with the world. Encouraging others is central to the message and mission of Jesus. Loving God with all of our heart and soul may be the greatest commandment, but Jesus declared “loving others” is right there with it (Matt. 22:36-40).
As you begin regularly attending Grace Pionte, we hope that you will not only attend on Sunday mornings, but will also join the mission of GPC in our city and around the world. Encouraging others is one practical way to live out the mission of Jesus on a daily basis. We hope you will take steps today show God’s love to someone in need.
7 Ideas to Encourage Others Today
- Text a friend and let them know you’re thinking about them
- Tell a coworker or family member something you appreciate about them
- Randomly buy someone’s coffee in line or pick up someone’s bill at a restaurant
- Go out of your way to serve someone in your office or at home in an unexpected way
- Begin your day by choosing to have a positive attitude
- Practice smiling
- Find ways to notice and compliment others today